Transfer Order: National Integration Issue?



Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera,

1. When I was reading Daily Express this morning, I was shocked to see these paper clips, as attached above.

2. Actually it is an open secret among legal fraternities in Kota Kinabalu that 4 of our judicial officers (actually its 5 altogether, but one of them has already transferred and cross over from the judiciary to legal service) being transferred to Semenanjung Malaysia. And interestingly, all of them are local Sabahans and one of them with a post of JUSA C!

3. Of course, being in the federal service, you are bound to be transferred all over Malaysia. This is the very first question being asked when we were interviewed and I remember this was posed to me by The Right Honourable Attorney General of Malaysia. Whenever we answered yes, cynically he would say "ehh, as usual."

4. I myself has been experiencing transfers. My first posting was to Sibu Sarawak, a place where I have never been before. I was warned by my colleagues that it was a place where gangsterism is common and I must be careful. Being a young man, I watched every single step I have taken and took extra caution on every single case I presided over, but of course, I did it judiciously without fear or favour because to me, that is the exact price I have to pay being a magistrate. However, here I am, after 8 years in service, I am survived!

5. After 1 year and 9 months in Sibu, I voluntarily asked for transfer to Mukah Sarawak. It was a very nice Melanau place and I loved it. Even though driving by car would take about 3 to 4 hours using 'jalan kayu balak' with terrible roads in the middle of nowhere at that time, but admittedly I enjoyed every single moment. I remember at one time I was taking flight from Sibu to Mukah, using Twin Otter plane where I was the only passenger, and there was a problem with one of the engines in mid flight, but Alhamdulillah, I survived!

6. Then I was posted to Miri Sarawak upon promotion to higher grade in 2008. And later in 2010 I was transferred to Lahad Datu Sabah, my hometown where I was born. And finally in 2011, I was transferred to Kota Kinabalu, until today.

7. That is the challenge being in the service. Wherever we are asked to serve, we must go. That was in my mind before I have a child. Now, being a father, I understand the feelings of my friends who have family of their own. It is hard to be faraway from your kids, not to mention your wife. My wife is serving in Tawau and I have to take flight every single week from KK. That is the challenge that I have to face for the past 2 years.

8. But again, we must be realistic. Being a civil servant, we must follow the perintah, otherwise, we must ship out. Either you take it or leave the service. That is what I get when I refused to go to Lahad Datu before. Fortunately, there is still an alternative for us, that is to start your own practice. I know it is hard to start all over again, but its never too late to start everything. A thousand-mile journey begins with a single step, isn't it? But if you can accept it, take the challenge and it will broaden your mind. Gain experience in other place, as what I have gained when I was in Sarawak. Have a positive mind and it is indeed a national integration. It is neither to punish or bully anybody. Every one of us must experience transfer order, so do not think that you are a victim or being victimized.

9. Till then, to my friends who are affected by this transfer order, be patience and look for your future. If you think that this is truly a burden and you have another option, so why not?

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

ETIKA KE MAHKAMAH: KETRAMPILAN

JAMINAN MAHKAMAH vs DENDA MAHKAMAH

PROSIDING GARNISI